Chinese-Forums

Applying to Beida, BLCU, and Qinghua

hhulic11

• New Members

大家好,

I'm applying to Beida, BLCU, and Qinghua to study Mandarin for a year, from Fall 2011 to Summer 2012. Does anyone know how competitive it is to be accepted into these programs? I won't find out if I've been accepted into any of these programs until June, but I am curious to know how difficult it is to get accepted. I spent 6 months at CET-Beijing studying intermediate Chinese, and my current level of Chinese is high intermediate. Does anyone who has participated in any of these programs have any advice?

Also, how are the programs? Class size, Coursework, language pledge, etc.

谢谢你们的帮助!

Henry

Intensive Chinese Course or Chinese Language and Literature course?

If you mean the former then quite easy.

I am at Qinghua now. We have class Mon-Fri either 8-12 or 1-5. I am 8-12. Each day there are two classes from among : Speaking,listening,comprehensive, and reading.

Homework in my level 中级1 examples : writing short essays on a given topic, reading the class text, preparing a short 5-6 minute presentation on a topic of your choosing, etc.

Class size varies. Morning class is typically more full - mine has near 20 people in it.

Language pledge is what you make of it. I avoid other English speakers for the most part.

• New Members

I am applying to the intensive Chinese language programs. Do you know how the Qinghua program compares to the program at Beida? Do you know many students are in your program? From what I hear, these programs tend to be quite large. Does the size have any effect on the quality of your language learning?