Chinese-Forums

Homestay vs. Campus Accomodations vs. Hotel

sneakymonkey

Hell everyone, I'm new to this forum and seriously considering studying at BLCU in Fall 2005. I would like the opinions of those who have studied in China regarding accomodation type. Any personal experiences and recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!

Jessica

Don't forget about getting your own accomodation outside of campus. A one-person Western-style apartment will run you about 2500-3000 right by BCLU. You can rent less expensively by moving a bit further away or living in more conventional Chinese housing.

There are several hostels near campus which charge around 70-80 RMB/night. You don't need to worry about arranging things before you arrive if you don't want.

Thanks but the problem is, I'm a very plan ahead kind of person and not very adventurous when I don't know a single word of the language. The 3 options I mentioned above are the 3 I'm trying to decide between at the moment. Surely I would consider renting my own apartment at some point once I was comfortable with my surroundings but not initially. I would just be too stressed out.

• 2 weeks later...

Its better to stay at campus. When you have problems its easier, when you want to party whole night long, the gates are (in my case) always open, if you wanna hang out with ur friends its better in campus, its also more save then outside (guards)