Chinese-Forums

Vocabulary and Usage Questions from "下一站,幸福"

黑兔子

• New Members

大家好!

最近我看完台湾的一部电视剧叫"下一站,幸福"所以我有一些语法的问题,看的时候我写着有的与法 的问题跟有的词汇的。我能麻烦你门把我的问题回答吗?

我想知道着些中文词有什么不一样/What is the difference between the following words?:

- 听见/听到/听懂 => My guess is that 听见 has to do with the perception of a sound, whereas 听懂 is related to understanding what one has heard. So, you can 听见 without 听懂. 听到 has me stumped though.

- 听见/耳闻?

- 需要/需要?I know that the first characters have the same pronunciation (xu1), but is there a usage difference?

- 这回/这一次?

- 会/要 for speaking about the future?

- 样/样子 => When is it appropriate to use one or the other? Sometimes I hear things like, "他的个性就着样子" and other times I hear things like, "她是怎么样的女人?" I've heard "如果是这个样子," but could I also say,"如果是这样?"

- Along the lines of the previous point, what's the difference between 怎样 and 怎么样?

- 做/当 => I think both of them have to do with taking on a particular role, but what's the difference? My guess is that 做 is more for titles that are not inevitable. That is to say that you have a choice about undertaking the role. For example, "我们可以做朋友吗?" By contrast, 当 seems to be used with natural roles, i.e. relationships that you grow into or adopt without much consent like, "你要自己当一个男。"

- 做/干/办? They all seem to mean "to do," but I'm unclear on the difference in usage.

- 你不用管/没关系 => I think both mean "Don't worry about it," but what are the connotations of each? I feel like the first is more like, "Don't worry (because it doesn't concern you)," whereas the second is more along the lines of, "Don't worry (because it's not a big deal)." Am I close?

- 没错/不错 => Is this just a difference in tense?

- 尤其/特别?

好,我以为现在够了,帖字长篇拉!如总是,请帮我改正我的中文语法错。谢谢你们!

1:there are no real difference between 听到 and 听见。 and u were right, 听到&听见= i hear that. which 听懂 doesn't really need anything to do with 听, 听懂=i understand that.

2:the difference between 听见 and 耳闻: 听见is just about hearing the sound, 耳闻 is about heared the story( and yes is 'heared').

3:需要 and 须要: 需要=something u need but it is optional, u can get ur goal without it, it is just something can make the job done in a better way. however 须要=u must have this, otherwise u will not be able to finish (or even start) the job at all.

4:这回 and 这一次 are the same. 这回 was a common accent for 这一次 in north. but there is really no difference in between these two, u can use both of them for all official doc.

5:in this situation, 会 always happens to be someone tells to others that he or she will do something. 要 always happens to be someone asks the otherparty to do something.

6:样 and 样子, here 子 doesn't have any meaning, so they are the some, if u wish not to make oral speaking mistakes, try to lose the 子.

7:怎样 and 怎么样, this is the same as 这回 and 这一次. 怎样 was a common accent for 怎么样 in south, for example Taiwan. there are no difference here.

8:做, 办 and 当。 in this situation, 做= to do something. 当= to be someone. 办=to get something done.(mostly links to papers, jobs.)

9:你不用管/没关系 you are close about the 没关系。 as for 你不用管 there are two different situation to use them. 1st if u care someone and don't wish that one to do something, u can use this. 2nd, use this when u want someone to back off from something which u don't want that one to touch.

10: 没错 and 不错 in this situation u are right there are no difference here. but becareful as the another meaning for 不错 is 'not bad(very good)' and it's commonly used, if u don't want to make a mistake keep use 没错 in this situation.

11: 尤其 and 特别 this one is the same as the difference between 没错 and 不错。 they are the same in this situation, however the another meaning for 特别 is 'special' and it's commonly used, if u don't want to make a mistake here keep use 尤其 in this situation.

keep in mind as many chinese words have two or more meanings which are not related。

hope these will do some help :P

• 1 month later...

To me there is a very very very slight shade of difference in the usage of 見 and 到 following verbs, but I'm not sure even a native speaker with a PhD in Chinese could explain it properly, and I'm not even close to that, but I'll try anyway. 到 gives me more of a concrete feeling, whereas 見 is more one of perception. My two cents.

Also look at 見到 compared with 看到 and 看見. The dictionary definition of 見 and 看 is the same in this case, but there is a difference in real world usage.

In Taiwan 不錯 always seems to mean "not bad," "pretty good," not "correct." Never heard it used in the latter sense, but my dictionary has it, so maybe in China they will. As blackmeow says I suggest sticking with 沒錯, it's not at all ambiguous.

特別是 is commonly used in the same way grammatically as 尤其是.