Chinese-Forums

七剑下天山

Ian_Lee

七剑下天山 that is under production seems to have attracted a lot of news. The reasons are:

(1) This is the first Kung Fu film made by Tsui Hark in Mainland China;

(2) During the time in making the movie, Tsui simultaneously made a 35-episode TV drama of the same story;

(3) This movie is filmed at the snow-capped Tian Shan in Xinjiang:

(4) This film recruits famous Korean actress 金素妍;

(5) Even before the movie has finished production, its overseas copyrights have been sold at high prices which already offsets its production cost.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Not surprising, and could/should have predicted, that the Mandarin pronunciation would be scorned a la CTHD and Andy Lau in both World Without Thieves AND House of Flying Daggers. Likewise, that it is received, as best as I can decipher, just generally negatively.

I guess it also doesn't help that the film was conceived as a four hour film, now screening theatrically at 2.5 hours.

I'm approaching this as sort of like hors d'oeuvres, to whet the palate for the main offering, Hopefully, a full original length version will be released on video.

BTW, how was Charlie Young return to cinema? Was it a substantial or slight role?

Charlie looks young. She doesn't look her age.

She plays one of the three main female roles, and she holds one of the seven swords. But I don't think that is an important role. Oh on the whole I think the film is quite disappointing, except perhaps 甄子丹.

Let's hope Chen Kaige's 無極 will be better.

Really didn't get into any part of the movie, and if that was the best 2.5 hours, i dread to think what the 4 hour version will be like. I also giggled a lot at the end, which you aren't meant to do.

我没觉得。尽管之前看过很多负面的评论,可并没失望,至少它比“卧虎藏龙”和“英雄”感觉要朴素。我喜欢徐克对武侠的理解,对兵器的偏爱,还有他眼中被滤过的西部。