Chinese-Forums

Character revision

Jakeness06

• New Members

Hi all,

I am currently studying Mandarin and was wondering if anyone could suggest an application on any form of tablet, phone, etc that is exceptionally good for character revision. Rather than flash cards it would be great if anyone new of an app that allowed the user, when given the pinyin or english had to draw the corresponding character. In addition I am not looking for an application that focuses on stroke order and provides a silhouette to trace over as starting from scratch will benefit retention ten fold. Hope I'm not being too specific!

Thanks.

Hello,

I would have to unreservedly recommend Pleco. Unfortunatley the demo dosen't let you input characters(handwriting). The full version does. It does have the other things you didn't want, but they are actually quite useful. It is not too fussy about stroke order in the testing.You should try the free demo. I did and have since got the full version, very reasonable cost as I went for the cheapest package, and it is enough for me. Main difference is the number of dictionaries. They do several versions for Iphone, Windows Mobile etc. Check the website www.pleco.com. Good luck. Shelley