Chinese-Forums

can this be translated?

jun yong

我恐怕我的心已交给了你 is the most likely translation. (Lit. I am afraid my heart has already been given to you)

我恐怕我的心意交给了你 does not sound right at all.

我恐怕我的信已交给了你 -if the letter was 交给ed to you (vs. 寄给), 恐怕 would not make sense then.

To make the sentence less wordy, try:

我的心恐怕早已交给了你

wo de xin kong pa zao yi jiao gei le ni

In junior high school hallways many letters are 交ed instead of 寄ed.

My translation stands then as written by a junior high school student with very poor Chinese who wrote an embarassing emotional letter and handed it to an attractive Chinese exchange student only to regret it after learning she already has a boyfriend who happens to be his kung fu instructor.

Confucius, 交给 implies the letter was handed to the guy in person, so they both should know the letter was already given to him, but 恐怕 implies the guy should have no knowledge of the event. So, 交给 and 恐怕 don't go together, however, if it's 寄给 then you can use 恐怕.

子(已經)曰: "My translation stands then as written by a junior high school student with very poor Chinese who wrote an embarassing emotional letter and handed it to an attractive Chinese exchange student only to regret it after learning she already has a boyfriend who happens to be his kung fu instructor."

I'm afraid I have to join the debate 8) :

My translation stands then as written by a junior high school student with very poor Chinese who wrote an embarassing emotional letter and handed it to an attractive Chinese exchange student only to regret it after learning she already has a boyfriend who happens to be his kung fu instructor.

I'm afraid that 恐怕 doesn't cover the same range of usage as "afraid" in English does, so I'm with Quest & xuezhongwen. :D

我恐怕我的心已交给了你 is the most likely translation.

To make the sentence less wordy' date=' try:

我的心恐怕早已交给了你 [/quote']

I'm afraid that Quest has to do his sum again. How can 11 characters be less wordy than another 11 characters ? :lol:

the right sentence is:我恐怕我的心已交给了你,but this sentence is a bit strange.if you want correct it,u can say:恐怕我的心已交给了你.the first 我is needless.恐怕 means may,or maybe.so we can translate it into:maybe i have given my heart to you.or: maybe i have been in love with you.