Chinese-Forums

Crashes on iPad

feihong

Not sure if there is anybody else affected by this problem, but when I use my iPad to access this site the browser always crashes when I try to post. Not sure if there's a setting that you can tweak to alleviate this problem.

I post from iPad and have not had any problem.

I guess the most common response would be to reboot the iPad and/or resync to your computer/iTunes. There was also an iOS update within the last day or two. I have not installed it. Have you?

(posted from 32gb iPad gen 1 with 3G)

@CrassPip

Are you using the rich text editor? The one with the little toolbar that lets you format your post without using any markup? Maybe I should switch to the other editor and see if that helps.

@Meng Lelan

Sounds like you might want to use a different web browser.

Feihong,

Yes, this is typed in the rich text editor (using Fast Reply). I have also successfully created new topics.

Ok, I also just switched to Use Full Editor, without any problem.

I have not actually tried any text formatting, but like I said, still no crashes here.

I'm finally able post now, but only after turning the rich text editor off in Settings. By the way, the rich text editor looks exactly the same as the normal editor, the only difference is in how formatted text is rendered.