Chinese-Forums

New HSK Vocabulary Lists

trevelyan

A quick note to share the good news that we've just published the official vocabulary lists for the revised HSK on our HSK test page at Popup Chinese. Hanban still serving up the old lists through its website, and these new lists aren't available in digital form elsewhere yet, so we've had to digitize these and add the appropriate pinyin, english and part-of-speech information given the test level.

Feedback is welcome. We'll be keeping these up-to-date as the test evolves over time, so if you spread these online please link to Popup Chinese as the source.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Are there really only 1300 words on this list???

I am utterly confused. I bought an HSK level 5 practice book on Amazon (via another rec on here) published by BLCU. The introduction says HSK Level 5 corresponds to a knowledge of roughly 2500 words and the ability to read newspaper articles and such (which I know I can do). I know that there are possibly still two versions of the HSK - the old and the new - and I also know that the former one is much more difficult, but really just 1300 words? This can't be right?