Chinese-Forums

book recommendation

rezaf

Sorry gato and skylee but the more you sound like it's a controversial book the more you make me curious about that book so I guess after 呐喊(just bought it) I will go directly to 围城!!! :P

那大夫方诊了一回脉,起身到外间,向嬷嬷们说道:“小姐的症是外感内滞。近日时气不好,竟算是个小伤寒。幸亏是小姐,素日饮食有限,风寒也不大,不过是气血原弱,偶然沾染了些,吃两剂药疏散疏散就好了。... 老嬷嬷道:“老爷且别去,我们小爷罗嗦,恐怕还有话问。... 说着,拿了药方进去。宝玉看时,上面有紫苏、桔梗、防风、荆芥等药,后面又有枳实、麻黄。宝玉道:“该死该死,他拿着女孩儿们也像我们一样的治法,如何使得?凭他有什么内滞,这枳实、麻黄如何禁得?谁请了来的?快打发他去罢,再请一个熟的来罢。... 一时焙茗果请了王大夫来,先诊了脉,后说病症,也与前头不同。方子上果然没有枳实、麻黄等药,倒有当归、陈皮、白芍等药,那分两较先也减了些。宝玉喜道:“这才是女孩儿们的药。虽疏散,也不可太过。旧年我病了,却是伤寒,内里饮滞,他瞧了还说我禁不起麻黄、石膏、枳实等狼虎药。我和你们就如秋天芸儿进我的那才开的白海棠似的;我禁不起的药,你们那里经得起?比如人家坟里的大杨树,看着枝叶茂盛,都是空心子的。

It really depends on the physique of the patient and the method that the doctor wants to use. If it's 外感内滞 then I think the first prescription is very good as it contains herbs that can 解表 and also resolve the inner stagnation but the bad thing about the herbs mentioned is that weak people or pregnant women can not use them and they are usually used for strong people who have acute symptoms. The second prescription I assume is also for 解表 but I guess without some of those strong herbs. 当归 is a very important herb in 妇科 as it can 补血活血, 陈皮 is also good for resolving the stagnation and 白芍 which can 敛汗 and 补血 probably is used as 反佐. Probably the second prescription is considering the weak physique of that girl or maybe some other symptoms like 月经失调 and the doctor thinks that by strengthening her body the body can get rid of the 邪气 without using so many 解表药 as they usually hurt the body.

• Like 1