Chinese-Forums

Translation: name/artist of this CD (image given)... Please?

tlr

Hi!

A friend gave me the CD cover to a traditional Chinese music CD I like. Unfortunately I can't speak Chinese and neither can she, so I'm trying to find out what this is so I may order it. Can you translate this title and artist and/or offer me a place to find it? The only English says Distributed By Goodstyle Enterprise SDN. BHD., and I can't find this company anywhere online.

Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate your time.

cd8yk.jpg

It's just a generic Gu Zheng album, these types of albums abound in China, odds are you won't be able to find this exact album. The songs on this one are mostly sappy songs and love ballads, kind of like the traditional Chinese version of Country-Western, try looking for songs called 何日君再來 (When will my man come back), 今宵多珍重 (Tonight is so precious), 蒙古牧歌 (Mongolian shephard song), and everybody's all time favorites 蘇州夜曲 (Suzhou nocturne) and 明月千里寄相思 (The moon's sending my thoughts of you 1,000 miles away).

Best of luck.

Sorry, that's not the artist, just the title (and a very generic one at that). The stuff on the lower left, in red, probably has some info., but it's too small for me to read. I don't know where you can get guzheng tapes or CDs (that's the name of the instrument you're listening to) on the web in the US. Maybe someone else does? If you know someone in Taiwan, I can make some recommendations. I have a few dozen CDs of tradtitional music, some of it guzheng. Nice stuff, eh?

Edit: I'm not fast enough! Anyway, not everyone thinks it's "sappy" or like country-western. If you like it, enjoy it 8)

My sifu plays the music during our sessions; it's very relaxing... even though I'm a hiphop/house producer, I still love the sound of the instrument and the chill mood that comes with being in the studio learning forms and letting the guzheng fill in the background :)

my friend wang yong is a gu zheng player/composer. he currently leads a big band called the wang yong group...it is something like yo-yo ma's silk road project. he played gu zheng in one of cui jian's old bands as well as played keyboards in many bands including the seminal chinese progressive hard rock band tang dynasty.

i think when he was in england a few years ago he jammed - playing guzheng- with the orb and the asian dub foundation.

guzheng music is available from the usual etailers (amazon, cduniverse, etc, yesasia.com). you can also get guzheng music and tutorials from http://www.chineseculture.net/guqin/instruments/zhengcds.htm as well as purchase instruments.