Chinese-Forums

A story about Chinese and American differences

website

Is it true that if you have 200M in the bank/invested, you can have 60k-100k USD income per year (discounting inflation)? I was wondering if any of you upper middle class Americans is doing that sort of thing... like investing in a fund that pays you or your children 50K/yr forever, even after you die.

If you had $200 million to play with, you could get way more than $60-100k a year. Do the math. At the current rate of inflation, you wouldn't need to worry about inflation for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, go back to the US. The US has way more opportunities for the average guy. The Chinese government can't possibly reform fast enough to provide opportunities for that many people. You know how many people are unemployed in China?

I don't like paying so much in taxes in the US either, but that can't be helped, our government is fighting wars all over the place. Our taxes will only get heavier since Bush is borrowing up to the hilt. If the Fed stopped printing money interest rates will sky rocket and our economy will tank. Yes, the US has all these problems, but I still think it's a better country. I must admit that I'm not immune to the lures of Asia either (although my country of choice is Japan), but honestly speaking, none of those places offer as many opportunities for a foreigner as the US does. The quality of life in the US is still better, not just materially, but in terms of freedom.