Chinese-Forums

Is the Great Firewall getting taller?

sthubbar

imron, I think you forgot that this is behind a corporate proxy. No port 993 or 465 has access to the outside world.

gato, Web access is out of the question because of usability issues. I currently have 3 different email accounts and I can receive an email from any account and easily respond from from any of the other accounts by simply changing the "From" field. Not an option with Web access.

imron, I think I have found a more feature rich and China specific Proxy plugin for Firefox.

AutoProxy

This plugin seems to do exactly what I had been dreaming about. It automagically selects to proxy content based on URL. It even seems to switch proxies within a web page, so some content on a web page can use one proxy, other a second, and even other a third, all within one web page.

Seems like the perfect solution and they have a huge list of China specific sites already configured.

Might be worth you checking out.

I've tried other proxy plugins before, but they all offer far more complexity than I need. My proxy needs are pretty simple, so typically I'll either want proxy on or proxy off and multiproxy works just great for this. Will keep the suggestion in mind however.

• 3 years later...