Chinese-Forums

For those that study at BLCU or have applied.. HELP!!

Jizzosh

I am trying to send my application fee so that I can be considered for entry into this coming Spring semester, but they have missing and conflicting information about sending the wire transfer.

A. On the schedule, it lists Citibank as the intermediary bank, but on the application, it lists Chase Manhattan as the intermediary bank. Which one is correct?

B. They don't list the routing number for the intermediary banks, and since we're going through an identity fraud scare here, the banks will not disclose information as to whether or not they have Hua Xia Bank as an account, or if the account number matches. I need to have the routing number so that I can get the application fee sent correctly.

C. Chase Manhattan, who would speak to me about the account numbers that are listed on the application, said that they did not have any account numbers that matched the information I had.

Finally, If anyone can call and ask or is currently attending BLCU, would it be possible to clarify the Wire Transfer process for me? My bank said that I need the routing number for the intermediary bank, and the account number needs to be correct and actually be an account.

Thank you to anyone who can help me on this. I'll buy you a couple of rounds when I get out there. Everything else is arranged now and I need to get this application out ASAP, so that I can get their response and obtain my visa.

I recently applied to BLCU and successfully transfered the required application fee.

Chase Manhattan Bank, New York is the intermediarry bank.

routing number: 0210 0002 1

Further Credit to:

Hua Xia Bank, Banking Dept

City and Country: Beijing, China

Acct No. 400801698

SWIFT: HXBKCNBJ030

Final Credit to:

Admission Office for Foreign Students, Beijing Language and Culture University

Address: 15 Xueyuan, Haidian District, Beijing

Account #: 030-734-028194134

This info is all taken directly from the wire transfer that my bank made. There was a little confusion with my bank, but they figured everything out.

If you have any more questions, let me know

lord_of_the_shire@hotmail.com

Good luck, hope to see you in the spring!