Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University - fall semester

chubijia

Yes if I recall correctly we didn't get our first installment until the second month, but we got a settlement fee as well as that month's stipend. So yes, have some cash handy.

Hey Chujiba,

which email address have you been using to contact the office at Zheda? I sent a few emails, but might have the wrong address. Would be interested to get an active address off of you if you don't mind?

Cheers!

Hey Etwood,

is there already a cracker-barrel set up, where a group of regulars meet that study at Zhejiang like myself? If not, I'd be happy to set one up once I arrive ;)

BTW, if there are any students willing to share an apartment off campus, PM me.

• 1 month later...

Hey Etwood,

sorry for all the questions, but really appreciate the help! I just had one more if you possibly had a second to answer it?

I'll be arriving into Zheda a couple of days after registration and have to sit the placement exam (like everyone obviously)! Thing is, I want to be in a class which challenges me and is above my current level but I've been working in an office all summer and I'm pretty sure my Chinese will suck for the first couple of weeks at least...and i think i'll do pretty badly in the placement exam. Can you remember what kind of exam it was and what might be the best stuff to learn if i have a couple of days study?

Thanks for all the help!

Hey feng_zhou,

The placement exam is split into two sections: speaking and writing. The speaking section comes first, and you will be having a conversation with the teacher and he/she might ask you to read some passages from a textbook or two. They use this speaking test to ascertain what level of written test to give you. The written test is a past exam paper that was used for that level.

As far as preparing for it, I can't really give you any suggestions. All I can say is that if you are really not happy with the level they put you in, you will most likely be able to change it (whether that means going up a level or even down a level).

See you in a few days then!

Admin: This topic is now closed, any questions or discussion should go in this Zhejiang University topic. Thanks!