Chinese-Forums

Chinese Characters can't be shown correctly

luck_touch

Dear all!

I am called LUCK.

I am new to this website and feel very happy and proud to be here. I can type Chinese Characters using Pinyin Keyboard, but I know a little of Chinese meanings because I have just started studying Chinese. I am having a problem with Chinese Characters.

It's that I can type most Chinese characters very well and I can change its fonts without any errors for both Traditional and Simplified Chinese, but except a few cases that I can't change the fonts of Characters well. For example, 仚(xian) ; 冚(kan) ; 焗(ju). I can't change the fonts of 3 words here because while changing the fonts I get the rectangle sign instead of the word or character. I was trying to type 3 words in every application such as MS Word, Excel,and others... and I still have such a problem. I am not sure what causes this, so please help me to solve it so that I can type Chinese very well or without any obstacles. Or could you please offer me other fonts that can run this well or give me the website so that I can download the right fonts for this? Be sure that I am using Windows XP (English version)and with more than 100 Chinese fonts in my PC.

Sorry for being unaware of my knowledge.

I am looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot and best wishes to you.

My Kindest Regards,

LUCK

Not all fonts support every unicode character; in fact most support only a small subset. Without knowing what fonts you are selecting I can't say for sure, but I would guess that whatever font you are selecting does not support Chinese, or does not support the more obscure characters.

Try SimSun font. It's already in Microsoft applications, such as MS Word. Just select it from the drop-down list. If that doesn't work, try a different Pinyin input method. I'm not really a computer guy, and I'm sure someone else can give you better troubleshooting suggestions.

In fact, only Simsun or Nsimsun can work with those words, but I wish to change the characters by other different fonts, so what must I do to solve it. Excuse me! Is Simsun and Nsimsun are Unicode Fonts or What are they called?

Thanks a lot and best wishes!

My Best Regards,

LUCK

I go to that and I am told to install the Validation Code to get the download page. When I get the code and paste into the Validation Code, I can't get the download page as expected. Sorry what did I do wrong here.

Please find the attached file.

As in the attached file (Image 1), I decided to click continue and then I get (Image 2) but not the download page. What must I do to get the download page. I am using Windows XP 2003 (English Version). Please help to explain in details and give me the screenshot step by step if possible.

I intend to believe that you are giving me the right way and solution to be able to type 3 words: 仚(xian) ; 冚(kan) ; 焗(ju) in different characters by changing the fonts.

Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Best wishes to you!

My best regards,

LUCK

post-43968-080700800 1308885849_thumb.jpg

post-43968-022751100 1308885979_thumb.jpg