Chinese-Forums

yesasia.com and Xue Cun

taobenli

Hello-

I recently ordered a bunch of stuff from yesasia.com, including Xue Cun new Cd, "Yin Le Ping Shu Zhi Dong Bei Ren Du Shi Huo Lei Feng" (also a Ding Wei Cd, Cui Jian Cd and a few albums by the Korean band Jaurim). I like yesasia but their processing time can be painfully slow sometimes. Once they ship it it should get here fast, since they're in California and I'm just in Washington! But while everything else is "ready and in stock" the Xue Cun is always "searching from suppliers," and the whole order is not predicted to ship till Dec. 21st. Tao yan! I've just been really impatient lately....

Is this album so good that I should wait and wait for it? I could always just cancel the Xue Cun and order it later. But what do people think of the CD?

Thanks!

). I like yesasia but their processing time can be painfully slow sometimes

What you need to understand that, a few years ago, yesasia changed their distribution method. Originally, the shipped direct from HK. Now, for US customers, they ship from CA, but they still have to source from overseas. Hence, the searching from suppliers. The net might be additional time between order and receipt, but the advantage of the current method is that you get better packaging and absolutely no worries about getting tagged by customs, also, less likely damaged or lost packages because the customer is only concerned with the local (and usually reliable USPS) mailing system. In effect, CA acts like a hub for the US. The only disadvantage, of course, is that unless it's a popular big title there's no such thing as shipping immediately. Worth the trade off in my opinion.

listen to 雪村 (Xue Cun)'s 东北人都是活雷锋 (Dong Bei Ren Dou Shi Huo Lei Feng) at:

http://album5.chinaren.com/album/35/04/1610435/369048.mp3

Personally I don't like his singing and his so-called '音乐评书' though.

I enjoy a rap by an anonymous internet singer in northeastern dialect. He is apparently far more talented than Xun Cun, IMHO.

http://159.226.117.32/home/flash/study.swf