Chinese-Forums

Jiangxi Science & Technology Normal University

travel_addict

• New Members

I just received a job offer from Jiangxi Science & Technology Normal University and I have a few questions:

The contract:

pay: 4500/month

overtime: 70 yuan

teaching hours: 80-90 periods/month...50 minute each period

The contract also says I may have to work some weekends, which I'm not so happy about. I feel they might make me work every weekend since the overtime pay is nothing.

accommodation: provided but must pay utilities myself

airfare: reimbursed

1) What is the average pay for a foreign teach fresh out of University with a BA, TESOL and no experience?

2) Does anyone know anything about Jiangxi Science & Technology Normal University? Know anyone who has taught there?

3) What is Nanchang city like? (if you've been there)

4) The contract also says that I will have to check in overnight guests at the Foreign Affairs Office on Campus every time...has anyone else had to do this? This sounds a little weird to me.

Thanks in advance!

1) Note that strictly speaking you need 2 years teaching experience in addition to what you have.

4) Basically, it means that if you bring "guests" into your room to spend the night, you need to register them. I'm assuming your provided accommodation are on campus. I think this is pretty typical: partially for morality, but I think more to ensure you are not having someone stay long term as a room mate without paying.

I also think you are very perceptive to be worried about the amount of overtime. Have you considered getting it in writing some limit on the amount of overtime?