Chinese-Forums

Korean movies and music

Jack MacKelly

A lot of good films seem to be coming from South Korea, the Koreans make good exportable films and some of their pop / dance and rock music seems to good around Asia

:mrgreen:

Some SKorean films that have been doing well in past years, an emotional drama Failan 파이란 , The Way Home and Happy-End have done good, Joint Security Area or JSA

the action film Shiri 쉬리 is said to be good, the 'Tube' has done well

a movie drama Take Care of My Cat - Jeong Jae-eun 고양이를 부탁해 , Bichunmoo (Dance With Sword) and 'Chunhyang' are much talked about.

Koreans have also made some great movies in partnerships which China directors or in joint Chinese productions, some of these films have been very good

S.Korea also seems to have some song that sells in Asia, I know very little of Korean pop , rap , R n B or rock but I hear Jeon Ji hyun's music and Lee Hyori and Kang, Choong Mo production of classical music sells, perhaps music from Thailand, Taiwan, Japan and the USA do much better in China ?

Are there any movies from Korea you recommend or heard were good ?

:D