Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Tourist Visa extensions


Recommended Posts

No, I got 90 days on my visa, my visa type is L. You can find all the information on the visa. For the visa I got, I must enter China within 3 months after I get the visa and I can stay there for no more than 90 days.

But I'm a native Chinese, I'm not sure if they gave me some extra days for this? I don't know about extension at all since I only have 2 weeks staying there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I understand it (and please don’t take this as gospel, I’ve never even had a tourist visa), tourist visas are usually issued for 30 days. If you go via an agency in HK or show the embassy a well-defined itinerary you may get a 60 or even 90 day visa. I seem to recall that just after SARS when the govt where desperate to get people back 90 day visas were much easier to get hold of. Extensions are possible, but should not be taken for granted – an extra 30 days is usually possible, but a third month can be problematic and depends on the helpfulness of the PSB you are applying at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...