Chinese-Forums

Tourist Visa extensions

maxham

No, I got 90 days on my visa, my visa type is L. You can find all the information on the visa. For the visa I got, I must enter China within 3 months after I get the visa and I can stay there for no more than 90 days.

But I'm a native Chinese, I'm not sure if they gave me some extra days for this? I don't know about extension at all since I only have 2 weeks staying there!

As I understand it (and please don’t take this as gospel, I’ve never even had a tourist visa), tourist visas are usually issued for 30 days. If you go via an agency in HK or show the embassy a well-defined itinerary you may get a 60 or even 90 day visa. I seem to recall that just after SARS when the govt where desperate to get people back 90 day visas were much easier to get hold of. Extensions are possible, but should not be taken for granted – an extra 30 days is usually possible, but a third month can be problematic and depends on the helpfulness of the PSB you are applying at.