Chinese-Forums

HSK 5 and 6 Test

Zio-Σ

Hey guys what going on? :P

I just come back from China and now i want to attend the 5 level of the HSK. However, I searched a lot on internet but I still don't understand if these two levels share the same test or not. I bought a 5 level book in China but I found that there are a lot of words from the 6 level "Words List". Could someone explain how it works?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Zio-Σ,

There are two separate tests, one for level 5 and one for level 6.

Here is a basic introduction to the New HSK: http://www.chinesetesting.cn/gonewcontent.do?id=677487

And here you can find guidelines and sample tests for all new HSK level, so you can compare level 5 to level 6: http://www.confuciusinstitute.qut.edu.au/study/proficiency.jsp

Hope those help!

SLA

We've digitized the official HSK wordlists and put them up for free on our hsk test page at Popup Chinese as well. They're in excel format -- feel free to grab them.

Not sure why you're getting confused otherwise. Assuming we're dealing with the NEW test the lists are cumulative which means at level 6 you should know all of the words in level 5 and so forth. That said, a lot of the published material in China is still for the older BLCU-run exam, especially since Hanban has not released an official digital copy of the materials (we had to digitize and translate from the official paper-based materials). So if you're looking at older materials levels 5 and 6 were basically the same.

When I was in China i bought 新汉语水平考试模拟试题集 BLCU Press 五级 and it was with the other HSK mock test book and the level 6 book. For example I found the word 乞丐 and, checking the word list, it is on the HSK 6 Words List. May be they made a mistake (not so uncommon :P)...