Chinese-Forums

Beijing Normal University, 北师大, Fall 2011

scooter

Hello!

I'm going to be studying at BNU this fall, and hope to get in touch with a people who will be there.

My introduction: I'm an American college student, a junior International Relations major. I have had three years of Chinese language education, two years in high school and one year in college, where I completed 202. My college does not offer 301, so I haven't been able to study formally in the past year. I'll be studying Chinese at BNU. I visited Beijing and Shanghai 4 years ago as a tourist.

I've seen threads about studying at other Beijing universities, and searched for one about BNU. If I've missed the current thread, please tell me where to find it! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hi,

I have seen your post.Nice you are coming to Beijing Normal University. I am here studying Phd, have been for one year here and have another year to go. If you need anything tell me. I am not taking chinese courses here as I allready do speak fluent chinese, but I know many SOAS student who did study here last year.

As you are coming for fall 2011 to study here, I wanted to ask you, if you have plans of living in dormitory or renting apartment outside. My housemate just left, and I am looking for someone for the other room. Really nice apartment, 90m2, 2 rooms, faces south, lots of light, 5 minutes from university. As I have been allready living here for one year, it has all it needs. I do not know if you would be interested, or you know someone who could be. Room would be 2700yuan a month. I can send pictures. I am spanish-german woman, 32, have been living 5 years in China, have lots of experience, and have been also teaching chinese 3 years back in Spain, so if you need anything, tell me. My email is, iris.schiller@gmail.com

Best regards,

Iris

Thanks for responding! Once I get there, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions about BNU. Until then, I don't even know what to ask!

Your apartment sounds lovely! I'm planning on living in a dorm, but I'll keep it in mind in case if someone I know wants to live off-campus. Are you looking for a female house mate, or would you be interested in living with a person of either gender?

Hey scooter, I'm an American grad student at BNU, currently in the States for vacation but going back soon for the second year of a three year masters in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language. Let me know if you have any questions about anything BNU or otherwise!