Chinese-Forums

8 o'clock starts

Danski

Is anyone else who is attending a University course totally hacked off with the 8 o'clock start in China? I can't take it anymore. :wall

Does anyone know of a place that runs a proper full course but where I don't have to get up at the same time as the roosters?

Not too bothered about where. Would prefer Beijing or Shanghai, but it would be good next term to attend a course with a sensible start time. 9 or 10 o'clock say.

Every uni I've looked at is either 8am-12pm or 9am-1pm, so I've wondered this as well. Not that I would make my decision based on this.

If you show up late are they particularly bothered? Of course, you pay for the course, so you want to actually be there, but I'm just wondering anyway, because I'm sure there might be a few mornings when the previous evenings Mai Tai and Tsingtao could cause lapses in punctuality. BTW danski, just wondering what your take is on why they insist on the early morning start, instead of accommodating from lazy foreign drunks like myself?

Im also a lazy bastard in the morning. Drinking cognac/whisky/baijiu etc. without going knockout untill everyone else is knocked out.

But I always rush into the classrom at 7.59 :) (once in my PJ). Oh thats right afternoon nap would help a lot but that is for a p/wussy :)

Wow, a lot of passion around this issue. Is is really necessary to refer to peolpe as "f-wits" and "p/wussy"? Doesn't seem like the tone of this forum I have gotten used to in the short time I;ve been visiting. Not sure if this was directed at me or danski, but either way, c'mon! I was half joking dude.

Maybe there's a causal connection between early mornings and online conniption fits. Anyway, have a drink on me boys, and, please, let's be civil, morning and not-so-morning people alike, ok?

Wow, what an emotive subject. Didn’t expect that from a normally useful friendly forum. Came on for some advice and get totally flamed. The reason I want a class that starts later than 8 am is that due to the time difference I generally need to work from 3pm until midnight at least. All my customers are based in UK or US so I spent a lot of the time on the phone at these times. Last thing I want to do is go to bed at 2am and then get up at 7.30 to attend class. I thought it was a reasonable question.

Chappie, as for calling me a fat assed lazy bastard. I only hope people extend the same warm greeting to yourself when using this board you tosser. Bob Dylan Thomas, I am far from the lazy spoilt fuckwit you assumed I was. Woliveri, if the best use of the hours between 6-8 you can make is heading down the park with the oldies to wave your arms in the air like a demented retard, I would suggest searching the internet for a pastime called masturbation as it’s obvious you don’t have a girlfriend. Facking pr!cks.

Chinese elder people would say that to you :twisted: . Besidse Im also a non -morning person (like you). That would make a huge differents if I say i was a morning person. :roll:

Anyway there is no after 9.00 start school classes (except your classes are in the afternoon but the school start in the morning).

Oh f*ck thats right. There are some school which gives evening classes. (ZJU XIXI campus, Hangzhou) has an evening classes. You might go to those kind of classes.

Danski, you didn't actually mention you had a job, so I think everyones criticism of you complaining about 8 AM starts was justified considering the information we were given at the time.

No, I still don't think it's justified. I don't think it's right to assume anything about a person when criticizing them. The appropriate response should have been to either answer his question or ask why he cannot wake up so early.

how the hell would we ever get a good argument going if we took Claw's advice and tip-toed around one another all the time? Bleedin' thin-skinned liberals.

However, in retrospect, i do accept that my response was a little harsh - Danski, I hope you can accept my apologies. On the plus side, it's healthy to give the ol' spleen a good vent.

My vitriol was aimed at the many, many lazy students who simply are too lazy to make it in for an 8am start, who made up around 80% of the foreign student contingent when i studied in Tianjin... and pissed the hell out of me every day with their pathetic moaning.

My vitriol was aimed at the many, many lazy students who simply are too lazy to make it in for an 8am start, who made up around 80% of the foreign student contingent when i studied in Tianjin... and pissed the hell out of me every day with their pathetic moaning.

Fine... then criticize those students when making your reply. Don't assume Danski is one of them though.

how the hell would we ever get a good argument going if we took Claw's advice and tip-toed around one another all the time?

You don't have to completely denigrate the poster to start a argument... in fact that usually makes it become a bad argument rather than a good one because then the argument only focuses on someone's character rather than the actual issue at hand.

but these same people also don't come to afternoon classes... it also has nothing to do with laziness if the classes are a boring waste of time (you learn more catching a taxi!)... furthermore, most of these 'lazy' people are kids whose parents send them over here, first time away from home on a holiday so they go crazy...