Chinese-Forums

Zhuo Yu de huoche

ExpatObserver

I am a new putonghua learner (3 months only). I just saw this movie with English subtitles. Even with the subtitles I did not understand the basic premise of the moive. Why is Gong Li travelling so far twice a weeek and why does she say to her other lover (Sun Honglei) that he is sending her to her poet lover? I am totally confused with this movie. I even bought the DVD because Gong Li's earlier movie Ju Dou which I absolutely loved. I must admit though Gong Li is a real eye candy!

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this movie and didn't really like it. A hot chick like Gong Li with some strange-looking poet guy doesn't make sense in the first place, and the movie went back and forth trying to be artsy and sophisticated but this just made things more confusing.

And if I'm that poet guy - hmmm do I go to Tibet, or stay here with Gong Li...yep there's a tough decision...of course the poet goes to Tibet...