Chinese-Forums

The TiBi Card -- a quick reference for writing

ironlady

If you write characters by hand, and find that you sometimes need just a little bit of help remembering how to write them, the TiBi Card is for you! You guys might be character-writing machines, but I wasn't (and still am not), which is why I invented this. I've found that my students like it as a reference or aid for writing, too.

The TiBi Card (actually a 2-card set) is a credit-card sized, durable plastic card listing the 800 most frequent HSK characters, color-coded for tone, in alphabetical order by Pinyin, plus a few bonus characters thrown in -- like those complex number forms you need at the bank...

This card won't write FOR you, but it will jog your memory when you just need to glance at the character to be able to write it correctly. It's intended as a quick, portable reference for students of Chinese. In a Chinese class -- especially one that uses computers as the primary means of writing Chinese -- the TiBi Card can be used as a "computer-less writing aid" that gives only the information about how to form the character, without "giving away" which character is the right one or information about its English meaning. It basically models what would happen if you had a computer to input the character rather than having to write it by hand.

The cards are available in Simplified and Traditional versions at www.AlbanyLanguageLearning.com (discounted pricing for class sets is available). Free shipping on single sets anywhere in the world.

post-11017-094383100 1311715702_thumb.jpg