Chinese-Forums

Correct my sentence!

aletta1915

• New Members

I want to ask my Chinese friend to speak more Chinese with me so I can practice more. I have a placement exam in a few months and want him to know that this is why I need his help. Would it make sense if I asked him the following?

我覺得我們應該多說中文吧。 我想練習一下因為我上大學的時候我得考試。

我想說的話是:

I think we should speak Chinese more. I want to practice because when I start university I have to take a test.

The main part I am confused on is how to say ""take a test"" in Chinese, but I would appreciate your thoughts on the whole sentence.

謝謝大家!

I think saying it like that is too direct and comes across (at least to me) as a little rude/selfish.

I'll wait for a native speaker to give more concrete suggestions, but at the very least consider starting with something like 能帮我一个忙吗?rather than 我觉得我们应该....

我覺得我們應該多說中文吧。 我想練習一下因為我上大學的時候我得考試。

Your translation is perfectly right and I think it's ok if you two have been friends for a long time (say more than 3 months). However, if you are new friends, you could try "请伴我练练中文口语好吗,我快考试了。"