Chinese-Forums

Chinese News Programs

dizhitian

Seems pretty fine to me, but I am not very good at Chinese so can not really say. But anyways I find this text to be very interesting. We do not get much Chinese points of views to this current economic situation, so if you are going to keep translating topics regarding these matters I will be following your future posts.

Thank you for this post, I already got new interesting points out of this text that had nothing to do with the language but I guess this suits both needs. Because I am coming to Beijing to study Chinese economy I wonder if there is a trustworthy source where to find translations like these for me to read? I have tried to find these kinds of text but have not found any yet, I would appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.

I would also ask you if there is any response from the Chinese to what Alan Greenspan said in the " Meet the press " program. I found hes comment to be quite hilarious but as there is a chance for it to happen I would interested to hear what Chinese has to say to it.

Great stuff! Keep it up!

It reminds me a bit more of the Newspaper Article a Day and Langdu a Day threads (short posts in one thread) than the First Episode Project (one thread per show), but this makes sense since the news programs are shorter. I suggest to keep it in this format.

If you keep doing this regularly, I can make it a sticky.

My apologies... I just noticed where this post was posted, I jumped to write a response from the first page so I missed the forum sub topic information or what ever it is called. So now I know a lot more. I guess I need to wonder around these forums a bit more because it seems there are a lot more interesting posts hidden in here than I thought. Discard my few first lines, makes me look silly :)

aspi-Your question about where to find Chinese economic news in translation is a good one. There is a excellent magazine called New Century that has a good English website that simply translates articles from its publication and has some additional content. It has a reputation for pushing the envelope and good investigative reporting. You can find it here: http://english.caing.com/. I will try to look into the Alan Greenspan stuff

dizhitian- Thanks! I am not sure if I am reading the right stuff but already found few good articles in English. Is there a link to the New Century website or are those articles in that link written by the paper? It does not say directly anything about New Century so I am just wondering.