Chinese-Forums

Roller Blading around wudaokou

p0mmes_frites

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a place to roller blade around wudaokou, I am not good at it and a beginner, so the place should be safe and smooth.

Do you know any place? Can we roller blade in the campus of BLCU or Tsinghua? Because it is forbidden in a lot of place.

I have skated within Tsinghua. In front of the building that never got finished because of ties severed with the Russians (sorry I remember the story behind it but not the name of the building), there is a large square with lines of flags. There you will be able to practice and also the surface is quite smooth. I thought the surface was good within Beida too and you will be able to find a place there were you can practice in peace too.

Scoobyqueen: that wouldn't happen to be in front of the administration building would it? With a couple rows of flags on both sides while heading towards it and then cross a road that doesn't look a road (just a courtyard). You piqued my interest with the Russian information. Can you remember anything else about the building's surroundings?

Yes that will be the building. It looks like the most important one.

A Tsinghua teacher told me (in a private capacity) that this building was meant to be a lot taller. It was originally a collaboration project with Russia. However, the Chinese then ran out of resources. You can sort of see that it was meant to be more prominent when you know that, dont you think?

Unfortunately she did not talk about the other buildings (which are a lot prettier by the way).

After visiting Shanghai with my friend and seeing his former school Fudan University's main building I indeed thought Qinghua's was a bit short. Thanks for sharing that interesting bit ScoobyQueen. I loved walking through the West campus together with my girlfriend at Qinghua, all of it so peaceful.

p0mmes_frites, the basketball courts at Qinghua or anywhere should work well for practice. You will be attending BLCU it sounds like? Is it your first semester in China?

no, I am not new in Beijing actually. Before I was in Beijing Sports University studying Chinese for a year. Now I am not a student anymore. I just moved to wudaokou. Before I was roller blading in Sports University, it is such a nice campus to roller blade as it has so many sports students doing all kinds of activities around.