Chinese-Forums

hotels near Tsinghua University

stephaniepainter3

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of sites for affordable hotels near Tsinghua University?

I will need one for about six days. Cheap is better, but I would like air conditioning, internet, and hot water.

If you have any tips I would really appreciate it!

xiexie ;)

IF they have their cheapest rate rooms available then 清华园 qīnghuáyuán in 五道口 wǔdàokǒu would be a fine choice. I want to say it is in the mid-high 200 RMB range per night. To get here just ride the bus one stop (get on at the bus stop outside and to the left of the NE gate, from the exiting Qinghua perspective). Their sign is the huge neon one. OR..

I believe if you walk south from Qinghua's NE Gate towards 五道口 then all along this street on the right hand side there are little shops and small resturants etc. I believe there are also a few very very cheap hotels (hostels a better word probably). Walking this is a bit long but it gives you a chance to see the scenery and get used to the neighborhood.

I was just there at Qinghua last semester. I think you will enjoy it lots.

Hey Stephanie,

We stayed at the Xijiao Hotel http://www.xijiao-hotel.com.cn/index.php?styleid=2 for 10 nights while we were apartment hunting. Rooms are pretty cheap, nice clean rooms, great air con, decent internet (not wireless but they provide a cable) nice bathrooms. Overall we were really pleased with it.

The hotel also has a good range of restaurants, a big pool and a spa. About a 10-15 minute walk to Tsinghua. Bank of China, supermarkets etc. all really close too.

We just checked out of there last night.

Cat

• Like 1