Chinese-Forums

Blcu 2 Year program

beijing007

• New Members

Hey Guys,

I plan on starting to study Chinese in the future and I have a couple of questions:

1- Is the 2 year certificate equivalent to a diploma?

2- Do you recommend this program or do you know anyone that recommends it?

3- Do you know anything about the internship in the 4th semester since the website doesn't contain a lot of information about this subject except for ''students are required to act as interns in their specialized area during the 4th term and to submit reports related to that internship.''

4- Do you know is another university in Beijing that offers a similar two year program that you think is maybe ''better''?

I appreciate your help and thank YOU in advance

Cheers

http://www.blcu.edu....y/course_en.htm

Brandon-Learn Chinese

Hi, I have taken the summer classes at BLCU, its a good set way to learn Chinese. As most programs in China, the certificate or diploma dont really mean much. You can take year courses at most universities in China. However, if you want to make it your major, there are programs to get a diploma. If you only want to learn Chinese there are many ways to do it, including signing up for many private classes at a training school in China or abroad, then just take the HSK exam. In my opinion all the classes are the same as long as you go. Learning Chinese is always about doing the work and repetition. You will notice the difference more from individual teachers and tutors. The schools just give a good foundation. I know many places in Beijing, I would be happy to look into something more if you need.

For example the school I work at offers intensive classes and Visa for Chinese language students and there are many places that do. So if your not sure about jumping into a BLCU class, take a intensive short course first.

• 4 months later...

Hey beijing007.

I too am wanting to apply for the two year program at Blcu. Likewise though, Im not sure how beneficial the certificate is with regards to finding a job (thats NOT teaching english :P) at the end of it.

Which program were you thinking about applying for?

Let me know if you find out any useful information! :-)

Anna.

• 1 year later...