Chinese-Forums

Reputable jeweller?

Cat Jones

BIt of a random question for you, but I hope someone might be able to help?! I recently got engaged and I need to get my engagement ring made smaller. Can anyone recommend a reputable jeweller?

I posted on the Beijinger and didn't get a response, but my search through previous posts on there suggest Hiersun in the Oriental Plaza might be a good place to try.

Obviously my ring is very precious to me (and valuable) so I don't want to hand it over to just anybody.

Thank you in advance!

Cat

I know nothing about engagement (rings), but here is a story a friend told me. Her parents never took off their rings and when they grew older somehow their fingers grew rounder and bigger and after many many years the rings got deep into their flesh and they couldn't take them off, so they had to go to a jeweller to have the rings cut open and removed, and then got a pair of new rings. My friend's wedding band was a bit too big for her but she decided not to resize it because of what happened to her parents. She wore the ring as a pendant so that she wouldn't lose it.