Chinese-Forums

Anonymous surfing

yonglan

Because Gmail is pretty terrible?

Some days I can get in and it works fine. Then I can go days where I only get that patronising "ooops' message.

To give them some dues, it is in beta test mode. I don't think it's a China problem.

I used it till the cows came when I was in the US and never had this sort of problem or anything like it.

Yes, Gmail has problems, but the one I am talking about did not exist for me when in the US with either Netscape or IE. I have downloaded Firefox and I think Gmail is working now.

Gmail is the best email going as far as I'm concerned, imperfect as it may be.

I know some people used Gmail Lite to set their own Gmail page, you can try this, https://laputa.sytes.net:883/gmailer/gmail-lite/

I have used this service for quite a few times, I think it should be safe, but you have to understand that this service is provided by a third party, not approved by Google, so you are taking your own risk too. Well... just to make sure you know it first, I think it should be pretty safe.