Chinese-Forums

Fat Mexicans

website

Here's a good article about obesity in Mexico:

http://www.economist.com/world/la/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3507918

The article says 59% of Mexican women are overweight. No wonder

many men prefer dating Asian women. If you go to Los Angeles and notice the immigrants, you can see the problem with your own eyes. Strange how there's always some truth to the stereotypes. Chinese don't want baby girls, Americans hate Communism, and Mexicans are chubby.

American overthrew a couple of Democratic leaders in Latin America. So is France, but Congress had the fries and toast renamed.

I find it surprising there are overweight women in Mexico. I recall it being a developing country. It is common to find hungry children in the streets of Mexico City selling Chiclets for a living.

The article says 59% of Mexican women are overweight. No wonder

many men prefer dating Asian women

Is it just me, or does anyone else think this kind of talk is indicative of some kind of degenreative brain disease at work? Can anyone point out the logic in this sentence? I would be very interested to find out what train of thought could possibly take one from "Mexican women are overweight" to "No wonder many men prefer daing Asian women."

If you go to Los Angeles and notice the immigrants, you can see the problem with your own eyes.

What the hell is this suppossed to mean? How does one "notice" immigrants in America? Do you assume, on the basis of this article and what you percieve to be true, that every chubby apparently non-European person in LA must be a fat Mexican?

Cultural misunderstandings and ignorance are at the root of stereotypes, not some hidden kernel of truth.

Lay off the beef, website.

Website, your posts about China are ridiculous. Now you've chosen to make a ridiculous post about a country that has nothing to do with China. You're an embarassment to your fellow countrymen. Please stop or go away. I'm sick of your pointless, braindead posts.

:oops:

mmmphhhhhhhh

(the sound of my foot in my mouth)

Um, I guess that I meant that in some instances certain broad trends can be inferred based on inductive reasoning, based on experience, but when morons talk out of their ass and say things like

"Chinese don't want baby girls, Americans hate Communism, and Mexicans are chubby."

then he is perpetuating stereotypes.

I guess I'm a hypocrite, but I just feel that when one makes several sweeping statements for the sake of making broad statements, then it's reflective of an unhealthy reliance on suppossition and existing notions rather than any firm knowledge.