Chinese-Forums

Pop Tarts

Meng Lelan

I did see that link before I posted here, dang, I should have bought the Chinese version of Pop Tarts when I was in Shanghai last year, but I bet the imported American version is only available in China and not re-labeled in Chinese.

I haven't seen them here in the interior of the mainland, but bear in mind I have not searched. I also haven't seen kitchen toasters here, though they probably exist. Toasting sliced bread in a toaster is not a common houshold activity; so I would think toasting pop tarts would be unusual as well.

Maybe they are big in someplace more westernized like Hong Kong or Singapore.

I could have a look next time I go to CitySuper etc. There is now a law about food labelling in HK. Either do a proper label or don't import it that kind of stuff. There might be a Chinese term. But don't hold your breath.

I've just taken a look at my box of Kellogg's Special K. No, no Chinese name. The box is full of Chinese descriptions, but no Chinese name. The same applies to the low fat granola. There is a sticker, but it is in English.

Interesting about the new law on food labelling. I guess it's in response to food safety concerns. Thanks in advance for checking on the Pop Tarts. By the way I think the word "pop" refers to the sound it makes when it pops out of the toaster.