Chinese-Forums

Could you help me proofread my short composition?

PinYin55

I had to write a 300 character composition comparing life on and off campus. More important than my grade, though, is that I learn from my mistakes. I was hoping some of you guys could give it a quick look and tell me if I made any mistakes.

I should note that I am only in my third semester of chinese, so my vocabulary isn't expected to be very extensive. So, if there is a better way of saying something, that really isnt an issue. However, if something is grammatically wrong or sounds really incorrect, that is more of a problem.

Anyway, here is the composition I wrote, and I thank you for any input, corrections, or advice. Thanks!!!

有的人觉得住校内比校外很好。他们觉得在校内又安全又舒服。我在校外住。我喜欢住校外, 因为校外的公寓很自由。除了一个厨房以外,还有一个卫生.

再说你可以有一辆车。 我平常去出,所以得有一辆车。我的公寓离大学不远,开车不见得慢

校外的公寓很大,很漂亮。我还觉得校外的公寓比校内的宿舍便宜。在校外我可以买饭,做饭。每个天做晚饭,一年可以省不少钱。

我在亚特兰大长大了,所以适应这儿里的生活。如果你在亚特兰大不长大的话,那在校内最好住。那儿你可以认识你的同学。如果你是新生的话,就在校内得住。

我常常惦跟我的同屋一起住了,但是我觉得小外比校内好玩儿。周末我有了舞会。我可以看了我的同学。在大学你不可以有舞会,还不可以和啤酒。啤酒太好了,所以我不想在宿舍住。新生不可以喝了啤酒。如果我不可以喝了啤

酒的话,我会了哭了,所以我搬了到校外去了。

• Like 1

I will give the first sentence a try and hopefully more people can help you with the rest of your composition.

有的人觉得住校内比校外好。他们觉得在校内又安全又舒服。我在校外住。我喜欢住校外, 因为校外的公寓很自由。除了一个厨房以外,还有一个卫生间。(Only minimum change which I think is absolutely necessary has been made)

有的人觉得住校内比校外好。他们觉得在住校安全又舒服。我在校外住。我喜欢这样, 因为校外的公寓很自由。除了有自己厨房以外,还有单独的卫生间。(More changed to make it sound more natural)

• New Members

I can help you with the rest, but also only minimum changes that are absolutely necessary. :mrgreen:

再说你可以有一辆车。 我平常出去,所以得有一辆车。我的公寓离大学不远,开车不见得慢

校外的公寓很大,很漂亮。我还觉得校外的公寓比校内的宿舍便宜。在校外我可以买饭,做饭。每天做晚饭,一年可以省不少钱。

我在亚特兰大长大了,所以适应这儿里的生活。如果你在亚特兰大不长大的话,那在校内最好住 ( 如果你不是在亚特兰大长大的话,那最好住在校内)。那儿你可以认识你的同学。如果你是新生的话,就在校内得住。(那得在校内住)

我常常跟我的同屋一起住了(I do not understand what you mean, does it mean that you miss your roommate? if it is so, it should be 我常常惦记跟我的同屋一起住的日子),但是我觉得小外比校内好玩儿。周末我有舞会。我可以见到我的同学。在大学你不可以有舞会,还不可以啤酒。啤酒太好了,所以我不想在宿舍住。新生不可以喝啤酒。如果我不可以喝

酒的话,我会,所以我搬到校外去了。

you use too many "了", which is a common problem for Chinese learners.

I just found that 了 with a strikeout through it looks like another Chinese character "子”, lol

有的人觉得住校内比校外他们觉得在校内又安全又舒服。(However但是,)我在校外住。我喜欢住校外, 因为校外的公寓很自由(support argument 1)。除了一个厨房以外,还有一个卫

再说你可以有一辆车( support argument 2)。 我平常去出经常外出),所以得有一辆车。我的公寓离大学不远,开车不见得慢(if you have a car, use'开', if a bike, use '骑')

校外的公寓很大,很漂亮(support argument 3) 。我还觉得校外的公寓比校内的宿舍便宜。在校外我可以买饭(I dont think ‘买饭’ is one advantage compared with 校内),做饭。每天做晚饭,一年可以省不少钱。

我在亚特兰大长大(的),所以适应这里的生活。如果你(不是)在亚特兰大长大的话,那最好在校内最好住。因为 那儿你可以认识你的同学。另外,如果你是新生的话,也最好在校内住。

我常常惦跟我的同屋一起住了(I guess you want to say you always miss your roommate who was living with you in dorm我常常怀念和宿舍同屋一起住的时光 ),但是不过我(还是更喜欢住校外<repeat your position,come up new argument with '因为'>,因为我)觉得小外校外)比校内好玩儿。周末我有了(可以 举办/参加)舞会。我可以看了(拜访)我的同学。然而,在大学宿舍,你不可以有舞会,(也)不可以(喝)啤酒。啤酒太好了,所以我不想在宿舍住。新生不可以喝啤酒。如果我不可以(不让我)

酒的话,我会了哭了(十分伤心?will you really cry then?),所以我搬到校外去了。

There is a webite called lang8 or similar where you can have your essays/short texts corrected by natives. It might be worth a try.

Should 因为校外的公寓很自由 not be 因为在校外的公寓很自由

The sentence even in English lacks logic, ie how can a flat have freedom.