Chinese-Forums

Question about Dining cards in Tsing Hua

DevilHands

• New Members

Ok, I just applied for a dining card. I know that there's a 10rmb fee for buying the card but when I went to the 2nd counter and gave 100 rmb. There's only 65 rmb in my card. The girl at the counter explained about some fees buy I can't quite understand it since she said it in chinese. Can you guys explain to me how this works? Does this mean that everytime I reload there will be that much big of a fee? Thanks!

When I was there, I seem to recall that you could get some money back if you handed the card back in when you left. But since I kept my dining card as a souvenir, I can't swear to the truth of my recollection. However, what I can swear to is the quality of the food in the many Tsing Hua campus restaurants - wide choice, mouth-watering quality and excellent value... I wish I was still there!

• Like 1

It seems that the handling fee (seems to be 15%, automatically deducted everytime you top up) is universally applied (just search baidu) and then there is also a deposit (seems to be RMB20).

PS - there are some replies to such a question on baidu which might be relevant -> http://zhidao.baidu....n/66837451.html

因为你不是普通在校的,本校的学生因为是有补贴,所以正常充值就可以,而对其他的卡不享受不贴,所以是正常扣手续费的,
外校的吗?

因为清华食堂太便宜了,所以外来人员总是要收些手续费的~~~

开会,培训,继续教育中心 以及 北大来蹭饭的都是这个待遇

• New Members

Oh I see... so the 10 rmb is not for buying the card? Cause I paid like 110 for everything... Next time I reload they will just deduct 15% right? For example if I gave 100 then there will be 85 in my card. The 20 rmb is just a 1 time fee is that right?

In Tsinghua if you are an exchange/visiting student or studying in Chinese language program you have to pay 15% service fee when reloading your student meal card. So basically all the meals in cafeterias are 15% higher for non-degree students.