Chinese-Forums

Interested in an Internship program in China, Beijing.

DStei89

Hello, I am new to forums. I am looking for an internship opportunity in engineering or Law in china. I've been doing research and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on any of the websites that provide internships... Here are the sites I've found.

Hutong-school.com

getin2china.com

http://goabroadchina.org/

I've found other sites, but they were either too expensive. Or not what I was looking for.. IF you have advice on any of these sites, or if you know of something better. Please help!! Thank you.

Hutong School: the organisation I work for has interns that come to us directly, but we usually refer them to the Hutong School for housing and language classes and such. They offer it for a very reasonable fee, and so far I've heard nothing but good things about them from our various interns. The Hutong School also picks them up at the airport, gives them a phone card, etc.

• Like 1

I approached a law firm directly in China though it wasn't an "American style" long term internship that I was after. They told me over the phone that they probably weren't taking anyone however they were happy to see my cv and thankfully they contacted me soon after I sent mine through and invited me to help out around the office for three weeks unpaid. May not be what you're after, but I think the best approach is to find firms you want to work for and contact them directly. Large organisations might have trouble accepting you informally due to visa concerns, and unless they can see a real prospect of your employ-ability with the firm they might be reluctant to invite you / help you arrange a business visa. Might not be the answer you are looking for, but thought I would pipe in with my experiences here.