Chinese-Forums

Buying Chinese music

chengdude

Does YesAsia.com now have the de facto monopoly on sales of non-pirated Chinese CD's over the internet? The only other outlet with a reasonable selection that I have found so far is SensAsian.com, but their stock seems mostly to be Malaysian editions. Despite the rather large Chinese population where I live, CD selection is rather meager (at least for legitimate editions) and eBay is now probably the world's largest internet distributor of pirated music and video entertainment, despite the public image they profess. Some time back, I used to buy from Man's Trading in San Francisco, but their IP seems dead (perhaps a call?) So, any other ideas where to try, either over the internet or via mail order?

yesasia.com pretty much is the only player these days. i used to get stuff from hooloo.com before they went under. china-based dangdang.com accepts international payments and ships internationally. they have some odd formula for calculating international orders/shipping. i have never tried to order from them before - though a friend of mine did order some music domestically in china.