Chinese-Forums

Air conditioning working only part-time?

aspi

Hi,

I was wondering if the air conditioning in apartments work like the heating in winter? First week in our apartment we could get the apartment really cold, but now suddenly like a week or more our air conditioning has basically been useless. Even thought it is not that hot outside but the temperature in our apartment gets really high, even the corridors are A LOT cooler than our apartment. Sooo do they only work part-time or should I go and ask the property management office " what the hell is going on? "

My Chinese is quite bad, so that is why I have not gone there yet.....

I read the title of the post and thought "man those air-conditioners are lazy". But seriously, my office building's AC was shut off around 中秋节 (and I think this is common, maybe for apartments with central air too). A bubble tea place I frequent also stopped offering iced bubble tea around then, so my theory is 中秋节 is the officially mandated end of hot weather.

• 1 month later...

@aspi Whereas heating is generally controlled by the apartment management, air cons are usually independent, from my experience. It could be a fault with the unit, or else you've unknowingly changed the settings in Chinese and don't realise it. Some come with fairly complicated remotes that take a lot of playing with to work out.