Chinese-Forums

HSK Autumn 2011 in Europe

Olle Linge

To make very long story fairly short, I need to take the HSK level 6 this autumn. I currently live in Sweden, but I am prepared to go to any place which is possible to get to without too much hassle, so anywhere in Europe would be fine. I have tried to find reliable schedules and/or contact information regarding schedules, but I find conflicting information everywhere. I have started contacting institutions directly, but this is very inaccurate and time-consuming. My questions are:

1) Does anyone know of an institution in Europe which offers HSK this semester and is still open for registration?

2) Does anyone know of a comprehensive time table for HSK tests in Europe?

As far as I can see they all take place third week of October or thereabouts. The deadline has passed for the German version and this may well apply for the other ones too. Otherwise try Paris and SOAS in London.

Edited following Edelweis' mail: The last exams in the year is usually October. After that you have to take it in China.

Do you need the old or new HSK level 6?

New HSK center information is available on http://www.chinesetesting.cn

click on test centers then select options and click on the Enquiry button.

Afterwards you can see many test centers appear, click on "details" to see the test dates. Click on "register now" to check whether registration is open.

Please note you often can register on line, but you still need to contact the test center about payment... [edit]which may have a different deadline, so as Scoobyqueen said, better look at November and December dates rather than at the October ones. Also take into account that you will not get the results immediately... can't remember whether I got them 4 or 6 weeks after the test.

Should you select the Paris AFPC session in December, you can find registration and payment information on this page.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help, it seems that I will be able to at least take the test this semester, even though that is of course not a guarantee that I will pass it (I have never taken any HSK, which is a bit worrying). I'm talking about the new level 6, but is that relevant to test dates? I mean, don't they usually have all levels of the test at the same time?

Another, perhaps more important question, does anybody know how many different tests there are? I mean, can I sit one exam in October, one in November and another in December? I assume this is the case, because test data would spread like wildfire on the internet if the same test was used twice at different times. I'm not sure I can pass the test if I only get one try, but I'm quite sure I can do it if I get to try more than once.

Naturally, I'm going to make all the preparations I can and do every mock exam I can lay my hands on (thanks for the link). It's quite important that I pass the test, so having two chances instead of one means quite a lot. It looks like there are two tests this autumn, one in October, which I can register for providing the payment is quick enough. There is another one in early December, which I will also register for. I will have to go to Denmark and Germany respectively for these tests, but that's okay.

@Snigel: all test centers do not always organize all levels - some provincial places in France did not organize the higher levels two years ago, so you had to travel to a bigger town to take levels 5 or 6. But it may be different this year. Anyway, it looks like you've found your test centers. The thing is, I don't know what the current delay for results is now... you will have to register and possibly to take the next test without knowing what score you had on the previous one...

you will have to register and possibly to take the next test without knowing what score you had on the previous one...

Yes, I've realised that I need to do that as well, but that's okay with me. The important thing is that I pass the exam. It would be nice if I didn't have to take it twice, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...