Chinese-Forums

Is Amazon a good place to buy a DSLR from?

prateeksha

Ok, so I know exactly what I am buying. I have chosen this DSLR camera model and now I wish to purchase it. My question is: Is it a good idea to buy it from Amazon? I have the Zhongguangcun Daxa near where I live, but everyone told me you have to bargain there, and that's something I certainly don't wish to do.

Also, I haven't been able to find the prices of the models I have shortlisted on the Nikon China website. If anyone has a link to their catalogue, please feel free to share.

Thanks a lot in advance, everyone.

Iriya, thank you for the response.

Since I have come to Beijing, I have ordered quite some stuff from Amazon and their service has always been great. So that naturally led me to choose Amazon as the first option. Is there some specific reason why you recommend taobao?

You could also look at Rayi.cn - they have stores in Beijing and you can buy from the website. The people in the stores should know their stuff, and they actually followed up with me about a price guarantee when I bought a Nikon D50 years back - the price dropped within a fortnight or something, and they phoned up for bank details so they could give me the difference.