Chinese-Forums

Teaching while Studying - how feasible is this?

cellosun22

Hi,

I am hoping to be in Taipei to learn Chinese (through ICLP) and teach English at the same time. I was wondering if anyone knows how feasible these two taska are at the same time. I imagine there should be some time to have a job, other than taking classes, but am not sure if teaching demands too much of the day. If anyone has had experience with this or can give me a good guesstimate on this matter, I would be very appreciative!

Some of my friends, who study in Taibei and teach English there, have a lot of spare time for parties, going out, having girlfriends, having trips to other parts of Taiwan,... It seems that life of English teacher can be relaxed and fun.

I think it would be fine.

If you teach cram school classes, they would be in the afternoon and evening, which leaves mornings free. If you teach kindergarten classes, you'd have evenings free. You would probably be able to find teaching hours to suit your Chinese classes, whenever they are.

You might feel a bit wiped out to start off with, but you'll be alright!