Chinese-Forums

Exit Card

PollyWaffle

No. It's not true.

If you have an Alien Resident Permit you are required to surrender it at the border (unless you have a re-entry visa).

Otherwise you have to show a valid visa.

I'm not sure about your friend's case. What were the circumstances?

What were the circumstances?

she moved from studying here to studying there... when she went to enrol they told her she needed permission from tianjin PSB to move... prolly like most things in china, one rule for one, another rule for another... maybe?

interesting, thanx for the replies!!

the other reason i asked was that when i moved out to an apartment i never told the local authorites because i didn't wanna pay them... however, due to circumstance i was forced to go thru the rigmorole of registering... when i did the nice cop informed me that if i didn't i could get to the airport to go home & they somehow would know that i never paid the monthly fee & send me back here to pay it...

seeing as i am being forced to go home early because of trouble back home, & as my ticket expires 2 days after my flight home, i obviously don't want any trouble leaving...

it was some kind of registration fee based on a percentage of the rent i pay per month... maybe it was a fine for taking 3 months to tell them where i live (& having someone of the opposite sex on a tourist visa living with me for 2 months without telling them)...

Now that I have NEVER heard of. Local registration with the 派出所 is free, and off the top of my head it's called the 外国人住宿登记手续. There's a maximum 500Y fine for NOT doing it, but they only seem to chase people up in areas where there are lots of foreigners. If you can find anything official on the 'percentage of rent' thing I'd be very interested to see it - could be the shape of things to come . . .

Roddy