Chinese-Forums

Is "这个问题你问到点上了" a proper Chinese sentence?

rezaf

Is it a proper Chinese sentence or is it a bad translation?

Edit: Roddy asked me to add some details :mrgreen: : I'm translating a few sentences from Farsi to Chinese and wanted to make sure that this sentence was in proper Chinese because as semantic nuance said it sounds too much like the the English phrase "You are spot on" which made me feel that it was just a direct translation from English rather than a proper Chinese sentence.

I think when you use 節骨眼兒,it is often followed by something that is different from the previous statement / action, etc. It's like a turning point to things. It's more of a meaning similar to ' 都什麼時候了,還(出狀況)....'

For example:

他都要代表國家出席重要比賽,卻在這節骨眼(兒)上生了重病。

他都決定要揮別舊情,準備結婚了,卻在這節骨眼(兒)上,舊情人又出現了。

問到點上了,I think it's ok as well as 問到重點了 / 問到關鍵了/ 問到核心了

ah! I learned a new Mainland mandarin phrase ! In Taiwan, when we say 點子, we mean 'idea',as in '這是一個不錯的點子'. We don't use 點子 to mean 'a point', at least not that I know of. :)

• Like 1

• New Members

This expression is correct, actually it's quite oral and commonly used. 点means point. This sentence mean your question get to the point, or you asked a key question, or you asked a good question. 点子 can also used in this sentence, witch also mean point. Since we always want to express same meaning with less words, 点 is more popular.

• 5 weeks later...