Chinese-Forums

BLCU Spring 2012

e30s50

I'll be there! Just got all of my confirmation today. I'm planning to arrive about a week early to sort out accommodation but I'm kind of lost where to start :s

I've been reading up and I've gathered that calling the dorms directly is iffy but sometimes effective? Then I've heard about the student center which (I think) has the 3 person apartments? I'm really not sure where to start looking lol Will be fun all the same :)

Since I am already here and been through what you guys are going through right now, I'll simplify it for you.

Around 15th January [the end of current semester], send RMB2400 [that is almost the rent of a standard double room] to this bank account:

SWIFT BIC:HXBKCNBJ030

BANK NAME : HUA XIA BANK

BENEFICIARY:A/C NO:0301123—8194127

NAME:BEIJING LANGUAGE AND CULTURE UNIVERSITY

ADDRESS:15 XUEYUAN ROAD,HAIDIAN DIST

CITY,PROVINCE:BEIJING ,CHINA

After remittance, send a fax with your essential details - name, country, student number, expected date of arrival, preferred dormitory and FAX it to +86-010-8230-3589. Just to let you know, it's building 2 which is the Housing Centre. They handle all the accommodation business. Inside tip? Dorm 4 is the best.

Also wrote a blog post at that time, hope this helps: http://prateekshahastogotobeijing.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/dorm-booking-at-blcu/

PS: Now that I am here and I can read all the notices about booking a dorm and blah, it's the same procedure as above.

• Like 1

Thanks for the easy to read reply! Just wondering if you could tell us a little more about the dorm? One thing though, It's just that I don't feel exactly comfortable depositing money into a random bank account. Not doubting you, just wanted to know where that info came from?

Cramsy, I did that myself. Your doubt is obvious, no misunderstanding. Well if there is someone who can speak Chinese for you, you could ask them to call up the Housing Centre and ask the booking process for you. The staff does not understand a word in any other language but Chinese, and they never reply to emails.

If time permits, I will go to the housing centre and click a photograph of the notices. Guess will serve everyone good :)

About the dorms? In the next post, please.

• Like 1

Hello!

I will be there in February, 2 weeks before my classes start, to try to book a room in dorm 4.

I hope to see you guys there :)

Oh, I have a doubt about the payment of the couse at BLCU and about the money I will need while I am in China! Do I have to bring it all in cash? Open an account and make some deposits to pay the University? How does it work?

• 3 weeks later...