Chinese-Forums

Chinese Forums not directly accessible again

Kenny同志

• 3 months later...

For whatever reason, chinese-forums times out for me very frequently. Reloading immediately doesn't help. Usually I have to wait ten minutes, and then it works again smoothly until the next time it starts timing out (which could be ten minutes later). It seems to only happen with this site, or at least, more so with this site than any other.

Network problem this morning.

http://business.sohu.com/20120412/n340360772.shtml

来源:南方网

据PCHOME网站报道,2012年4月12日10:40分左右,中国电信骨干网发生重大问题,导致香港、日本、美国、韩国、荷兰、澳大利 亚、新加波都发生访问网站局部无法访问的情况。经编辑初步检测发现电信网络中tcp包被不断drop,此外还发现谷歌香港等网站在国内很多地区都无法访 问。据悉,此次故障,是由中国电信骨干线路故障引起,目前只能耐心等待。

截至稿件发布,中国电信未对此消息进行证实。

同时,来自微博的消息,很多站长都反馈海外页面或者海外服务器登录异常。另据网友反馈,中国联通网络用户也有大面积无法访问外网现象。

导致香港、日本、美国、韩国、荷兰、澳大利 亚、新加波都发生访问网站局部无法访问的情况

I've seen mainland-based people on Twitter saying they can't access almost anything outside China.

I haven't noticed anything in HK though.

Access to foreign sites (w/o VPN etc) was severely disrupted this morning across China. Also, access to Chinese sites from overseas was disrupted.

It seems China Telecom were testing / installing new servers or something. Or so they say.

This is exactly what happened here in Guangxi a week ago. I think they did whatever they are doing here first, as a test, before rolling it nationwide this morning. "It" being whatever it is. Access remained fine here all day. We were harmonised last week!

http://liuzhou.co.uk...rst-in-guangxi/

Hehe. An upgrade of the Wall, possibly.

Almost certainly. They were definitely messing with the wall here in Guangxi. At one stage they switched the wall off completely and everything is was available freely. Lasted about three hours on Saturday afternoon.

Here is VOA's take on it.

中国国际互联网通道星期四短暂瘫痪,境内网民无法登入平时没有被屏蔽的境外网站,与此同时,境外网民无法登入中国境内的网站。

境内外网民星期四上午注意到这次的异常状况,在中午前后互联网恢复正常后,他们纷纷在网上描述自己的经历,并猜测互联网发生故障的原因。

香港互联网协会会长莫乃光对美国之音说,中国国际互联网通道短暂断网很可能是中国连通境外的互联网骨干线路发生故障。莫乃光又说,星期四发生的断网事件相当罕见。

If someone reminds me in a day or two I'll have a look at the visitor numbers from China and check for disturbances in the force. It's a spiky graph at the best of times though, hard to identify cause and effect.