Chinese-Forums

書法 Chinese calligraphy

Geiko

I've tried to find posts about 書法, but it seems there aren't, so I decided to write about it. From october to mid-december I took some calligraphy classes and loved it, and thought that maybe there are other people in this forum who like 書法, we could share some thoughts.

As you can see, I still have to practise a lot, but it's really interesting.

dscn4264a.th.jpg dscn4249z.th.jpg dscn4260f.th.jpg

No, I haven't! I couldn't find any posts about calligraphy... During my calligraphy course we simply copied the characters our teacher had previously written. She used 楷书 style, but I'm not sure if she was following a particular calligrapher. Now that the classes are over I'm practising with a book which in fact is about Japanese calligraphy, but I find it very didactive. And finally I've also bought these copybooks with 欧阳询柳公权 and 颜真卿 works. What about you? How long have you been practicing calligraphy?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm also keen to study Calligraphy, it looks so beautiful and helps to create presence of mind. It's quite common for those learning Qigong and Taiji to learn Calligraphy - currently studying Zhineng Qigong & Dao Taiji in China - i've also noted that those who master calligraphy are also master swordsmen as they say it's all about how you move and co-ordinate your wrist. I've seen our Laoshi writing and asked him when I can start but he advised me after the course has finished - which is when I'll permanently be relocating to China, or atleast for as long the the Universe sees fit -