Chinese-Forums

Questions about transportation in GZ

Diegø Møzø

I'm in need of a fearless traveller to help me out...

I know motorbikes arent allowed in Central GZ but I'd like to have a

MOTOR electric BICYCLE BIKE

MOTOR petrol BICYCLE BIKE

MOTOR GAS BICYCLE BIKE

they can get up to 40mph and maybe I can put it on a train... to visit nearby cities, town, villages..... are they allowed? do you have any idea of how much could it cost?or any web page?

I do not know if in GZ you have something like an Oyster Card (see below if u dont know what an oyster card is)

is a card that you can top up with money (say 100 minus a bus ride 1.90 and so on)or a fixed (metro or buses )service during a fixed period (week, month, even year)

traveling outside GZ either to HK or to nearby cities towns.... best way? do they sell return tickets (I've checked on a web page 190hkd one way ticket but there was no option for a return ticket)?

I'm a student...

plain tickets to neighbouring countries or cities? best way?

Do they have a metro card if so how does it work?

Thxs you all.... getting to China isnt easy let alone to live and get your way around there!

So, I think that the only city centre allowed "Motorbike" are electric engine bicycle.

There is an "Oyster Card" that allow you to take Bus and Metro. The more you use it the less you pay for a ride. GZ metro has different price for different location. It depends on how much far you want to go.

The best mean of transport to visit nearby cities is train (plain or round trip ticket are the same). If you do not find any train for the place you want to visit, try to take a long distance bus. (长途汽车)

If you can understand written Chinese you can search here (piaojia.cn) to find every tickets you need.

一路顺风。

Cheers Sigma! that's some great information!! I like travelling a lot and most surely I will follow the electric bike recommendation I'll buy it jump with it on a train and if they are allowed (on the train) I'll visit quite a lot more than with any other option. If you were so kind to help me find some web pages/factories where they make this special type of motorcycles I'd highly appreciated my Chinese language skills are rather low at best.

About the GZ metro card can you pay for a fixed service for a fixed period of time? .... say 50rmb for a week with buses and metro

or pay 50 rmb and they will deduct the journeys you take until the whole money is spend? or both?

谢谢

When I was in GZ I did not find anything about fixed period metro card. I remember that you buy a metro/bus card for 80 or 50 Yuan and then you have 20 or 30 Yuan in your card. You pay every journey until your credit reaches zero. Then you have to re-charge your card. The cost of the journey depends on where you want to go.

About electric bike, I suggest to buy it directly in GZ from one of the many bike shops in the city.

• 2 years later...