Chinese-Forums

Weird font problem on QQ

davoosh

For some reason, whenever I type on QQ, it turns the words sideways, so everything looks almost upside down to me. It only appears to be me who sees the characters like this because nobody has complained. Also when I view the chat history, my characters are always turned 90 degrees. I have set the non-unicode language to windows. Anyone know what might be causing this?

• Like 1

I have the same problem, but in the Opera browser. Sometimes (not always) characters are rotated 90° clockwise. No problems in other browsers. I find it really annoying because I otherwise like Opera.

I have no installed fonts prefixed with @ that I can see.

I have no installed fonts prefixed with @ that I can see.

It depends where you look for these installed fonts. Fonts with @ in front of them are not installed per se, the OS will simply use any installed character fonts and add an @ to allow you to differentiate between rotated and non-rotated versions. So you can find them in font dialog boxes (if the program decides it wants to allow rotated font selection) rather than in lists of installed fonts. I would go into the Opera settings and see if any of the fonts are configured to use an @ version.

Thanks, Imron.

I have had a look. One font was using an @ form. I've changed that, but the problem remains. :(

<EDIT>

I'm an idiot. Have now restarted the computer and everything is the right way up. Thanks again!

Edited by liuzhou