Chinese-Forums

Identify this Beijing University

mandarynski

Hello Guys,

Back after a long absence from these boards I would like to ask you about a university in Beijing offering Mandarin courses to foreigners which was mentioned in a post quite some time ago. My memory is a bit vague and I seem to recall some positive feedback. I remember it was a relatively small place with not too many westerners and popular with students from Japan and Korea. At that time they had a Chinese only website which I had a glance at and now cannot seem to find it. As far as I remember it is a place to study the performing arts mainly and is set in an attractive area. I would appreciate any information you may point me towards.

Happy New Year everyone!

Darek

It's good to have Asian students as classmates. When I was a language student my classmates were mostly Koreans and Vietnamese. There is no need to be afraid of Korean students as young Koreans just have a very limited knowledge of Chinese characters which gives them a little bit of advantage in reading comprehension. On the other hand the Vietnamese are very fast learners and having them around as well as competing with them was very helpful for my progress. I didn't have any Japanese classmates until intermediate level. Altogether they don't have much advantage in spoken Chinese but are certainly very advanced in written Chinese and using the formal language. I have learned many idioms from my Japanese friends.