Chinese-Forums

Does Anyone Have Stories read more ...

raea01

Hello I am learning chinese and wonder if anyone has some books (illustrations would be nice) or e-books that tell stories in chinese characters but also provides pinyin and english meaning for EVERY character in the book. If anyone does have material such as this I would be very very grateful if you could scan it and send the stories to raea01@hotmail.com . Or give me a link to the place where it could be found

Also if anyone has any knowledge of where I could find this type of material then please, please send me an email to tell me or post the information here so that I may begin reading !

I would be very thankful if anyone can help, i urge you , if possible, to reply with speed.

Thanking you in advance - Adam V R.

:-)

Ok, contact CF user kentsuarez (use the search function). He's got a whole pile of stuff he's looking to sell from Taiwan.

Or you can find a Taiwanese or Chinese person to help you get some stuff from there. I can make recommendations if you'd like to do that.

Yonglan I would be happy to receive information of your contacts.

However if you or anyone reading this post is able to provide e-books or photocopies of story books, that would be great (see my starting post).

But as I live in England, uk it can be hard to find books like this for my level. So if anyone lives in England and could help Please contact me !

Thank you

Sorry, I just reread your post. No such thing exists, as far as I know, and I do try to know these things.

"but also provides pinyin and english meaning for EVERY character in the book."

They have'em with Pinyin or Zhuyin Fuhao, but not with an English meaning. The old Yale series doesn't have the phonetics, but does define the new charcters it introduces.

You're asking for quite a lot, aren't you?

Yonglan books like these ARE fairly common however most are in china or taiwan. The problem is that I live in England and to get even small books from those countries it can be very expensive and takes up to 10 weeks to arrive here. I am trying to find a quicker way to come about them , however I fear I am getting but a little way.

Thank you for your input however.

much appreciated

avr.

Sorry, I've been in probably 100 bookstores in Taiwan, spending many hundreds of hours (it's a disease). Never saw anything with both Zhuyin Fuhao AND English translation in a per character fashion. Never saw anything like that with Hanyu Pinyin (which you only see with textbooks, for the most part, in Taiwan), either. Don't seem to remember seeing Zhuyin Fuhao with even a general English translation. Chinese without phonetics and an accompanying general English translation is rare but can be found, mostly in Sinorama magazine or the books they publish, the bilingual edition of Time, and a few other magazines, and of course some translated classics.

I'm new to China, and not exactly in the center of things, so while I haven't found anything here yet (been in a bunch of bookstores already), maybe it exists.